Sunday was very quiet at the 2009 Winter NAMM Show this year. Some areas were ghost towns – like Yamaha’s vast space. While this may not bode well for the music industry, it meant that we got to spend a lot of time talking to manufacturers and also getting great photos of the new gear.
You can check out the hundreds of shots from the show at our 2009 NAMM Winter Show Flickr set.
Here are some of the highights of Day 4 of the 2009 NAMM Show:
- There was pink gear everywhere, like the pink control keyboards from CME.
- Arturia was showing Brass2, which is pretty impressive if you’re interested in physical modeling synthesis
- We had a chance to get hands-on with the Akai APC40 Ableton Live controller.
- The Roland VP-770 Vocal Keyboard sounds really really good, but the interface is a little confusing.
- I had a chance to take an in-depth look at the update Lemur, which looks droolworthy as ever.
Here are some photo highlights:
The Roland CP-30 is their new harpsichord. Look really closely at the lower left hand corner of the photo, though.
While we were there, we tried to get the inside look on as many instruments as we could, like this updated Rhodes piano.
And, as always, NAMM was a bit of a freak show: