Ozone 4 features a new Intelligent Loudness Maximizer mode, mid/side processing for superior control over the sound stage, hybrid crossovers, a re- designed interface and a completely updated preset manager featuring innovative MacroPresets. In addition, numerous interface improvements and ease-of-use additions make Ozone even more accessible to musicians who want to quickly finalize their projects, while also offering precise tools for professional engineers.
Ozone 4 ships January 30th, 2009 for $249 MSRP. Ozone 4 is distributed worldwide by M-Audio, and will also be available by direct download only. Customers who bought Ozone 3 after October 1, 2008 are eligible for a free upgrade to Ozone 4 when it is released. Existing Ozone 3 customers will be able to upgrade for only $79 USD.
- Integrated mastering system combining analog warmth and digital precision
- Seven essential mastering processors in one integrated plug-in
- Updated processing algorithms, optimized for low-latency DAW environments
- New mid/side processing tools add a whole new dimension of power to Ozone’s EQ, dynamics, harmonic exciter and reverb modules by letting you process different parts of the soundstage separately
- New IRC™ Intelligent Loudness Maximizer “Intelligent II” mode provides full, loud and dynamic masters while handling transients with unprecedented clarity
Improved and enhanced preset manager with over 100 presets and a floating window for easier editing and better visual feedback
- New MacroPresets let you adjust a few simple parameters to find the perfect starting point for mastering a project
- Completely re-designed input and output metering shows real-world analog peak levels (inter-sample peaks), simultaneous peak and RMS values, and now includes full K-System metering support
- New hybrid crossovers combine the best aspects of digital and analog crossovers
- Many more interface and ease-of-use additions including refined EQ controls, automatic gain compensation,
- “Amount” sliders to dial in more or less processing on each module, and more
- Plug-in formats: Pro Tools 7 (RTAS/AudioSuite), VST, MAS, Audio Unit, and DirectX
- Windows Vista, XP
- Apple OS X (Universal Binary)