Livid has announced the Ohm64, a completely redesigned MIDI controller, inspired by some of the most innovative and popular software.
Livid says that the Ohm64 is “inspired by some of the most innovative and popular software” – would that be Ableton Live and the monome contoller?
Check out the info below and leave a comment with your thoughts on the Livid Ohm64.
It’s our second generation of Ohm, and we’ve expanded it massively. USB powered, with no drivers required means you can plug in and start playing. All controls can be remapped to a variety of MIDI messages, and all the buttons have programmable LEDs, so you can create your own interfaces simply by sending MIDI commands back to the Ohm. It can be as simple as listening to the MIDI that is already generated by software, or you can program your own style with a sequencer, or more in depth programs, like Max/MSP, Plogue Bidule, PD, or Reactor. A growing library of open source software (mostly Max patches) give you the tools and talents to animate button interaction, make a step sequencer, or even make a VU meter.
In summary, the Ohm’s controls feature a fully programmable, backlit 64-button clip bank, onboard function controls, 8 mute/solo buttons, a BPM tap, 8 high-quality faders,16 rotary knobs, and a DJ-style crossfader. The Ohm 64 is available in a hand crafted wood body, or a sleek aluminum body.
- USB Powered
- Bi-Directional MIDI communication
- Class-compliant: no drivers needed
- 75 Programmable backlight buttons for talk-back and interactive performance
- Programmable MIDI mapping allows you to change the MIDI settings on the hardware
- Immersion Gold Platted Circuit Boards
- Anodized Aluminum Faceplate
- Open Source software tools to create your own LED talkback interaction
- Ohm Core software included for MIDI editing, and LED talkback programming
- Cell DNA video performance software included
- Standard MIDI IN and OUT jacks
- Made in the USA by humans
- Available in Aluminum and Wood models. Wood is available in blue, red, natural, and unfinshed so you can stain or paint it any color you want.
Pricing is to be announced.