“Because it adds compatibility to 64-bit Vista, HALion 3.5 can address vast amounts of memory, allowing many more additional instruments to be loaded simultaneously,” comments Helge Vogt, Steinberg’s Product Marketing Manager for Cubase and HALion. “This frees up even more creative potential because it puts even more instruments and articulations at the artist’s fingertips.”
HALion version 3.5 will be available in Q2 2009 as a download for registered HALion 3 customers.
Key features at a glance
- Five top-flight piano models in one VST instrument
- Astoundingly authentic piano sound that comes courtesy of three of the world’s finest, most expensive concert grand pianos
- Full-length sustain samples, no loops, with every key sampled individually at varying velocities
- Unrivaled dynamic response
- Amazingly authentic sustain pedal resonance, damper and hammer emulations, velocity adapts individually to suit your touch, style of play and keyboard’s response
- Powerful options for tweaking tone and variable room simulations
If you’ve used Steinberg HALion v3.5, leave a comment with your thoughts!