Musikmesse 2009: Cakewalk announced a free update for the Rapture wavetable synthesizer. The Rapture 1.2 Update will be available to registered Rapture customers late April, 2009.
The free Rapture 1.2 Update will include:
- New Envelope Generator functionality including the ability to retrigger envelopes using the Step Generator, Saving and Loading EG presets, Drag and Drop EG presets, an alternate Zoom mode, and auto-scroll when programming, a useful feature when working with extended or zoomed in waveforms
- New Internal Tempo option, with a built-in Tap Tempo—use this option to create syncopated rhythmic effects when using Rapture in a host DAW, or use it in stand-alone mode to ensure that Rapture’s tempo-based effects and modulations are in time with the music you are performing
- DC offset blocker to remove unwanted DC offset distortion that can occur when loading some waveforms
- Extended Vista x64 support including the ability for both the 64-bit and 32-bit versions of Rapture to be installed on the Windows Vista x64 operating system ensuring access within 32-bit DAWs that may be running on the 64-bit OS
- Selectors added to multiple parameters for quicker access to desired settings
- Knobs Focus Indicator to help the user identify which knob is currently in focus