MC Transport features:
- Jog Wheel – The weighted, optically encoded jog wheel provides you with professional, ultra-high resolution navigation of your timeline, and can be assigned to control a host of other parameters like zooming horizontally/vertically, trimming clip head and tail, setting clip gain, cross fading, etc. by pressing the appropriate soft key.
- Shuttle Ring – MC Transport’s optically encoded shuttle ring features a spring-loaded design with rubberized surface for one-handed operation. Shuttle ring response can be customized for each of your favorite media applications, and as with the jog wheel, its functionality can be switched on the fly via the programmable soft keys.
- Transport/Navigation Controls – MC Transport offers you seven programmable transport/navigation keys with multi-color status LEDs. These controls automatically switch to match whatever application is in focus and can be customized to suit your workflow. When used in conjunction with MC Transport’s function (shift) key, these transport controls serve as soft keys that can be programmed with additional navigation and editing functions.
- Numeric Keypad – MC Transport provides you with an integrated numeric keypad that offers easy entry of locate operations like time code and marker navigation, as well as quick parameter editing. Like the transport controls, all 16 numeric keys also function as programmable soft keys when used in conjunction with the function key.
- Soft Keys – MC Transport features six soft keys that provide you with quick access to application functions. These same six Soft Keys (plus the transport and numeric keys) provide you with another 29 programmable soft keys when used in conjunction with the function key.
The MC Transport connects to your workstation via Ethernet and can be used either standalone or connected to additional Euphonix MC Mix and/or MC Control media controllers to create a larger, integrated control surface (up to four MC Mixes, one MC Transport and one MC Control can be connected).
MC Transport features EuCon, a high-speed control protocol developed by Euphonix that enables simultaneous control of multiple applications and even workstations over an Ethernet cable at 250 times the speed and eight times the resolution of MIDI. EuCon automatically detects whatever application is in the foreground and instantly sets MC Transport’s controls, high-resolution display and programmable soft keys to match.
Euphonix has worked closely with the world’s leading software developers like Apple, Steinberg, MOTU and others to deeply integrate native EuCon support into their audio and video applications to provide high-resolution, high-speed control over almost all software functions for an unmatched editing and mixing experience. MC Transport also supports the HUI and Mackie Control protocols for even greater flexibility, at a faster speed and higher resolution than any other controllers.
MC Transport ships with a comprehensive set of preprogrammed soft keys for all major audio and video applications that instantly come up whenever each application is in focus. You can also customize these soft keys for a variety of functions to suit your workflow. From triggering simple keystroke commands and custom macros to changing the functionality of the jog wheel and shuttle ring, the included Soft Key Editor lets you quickly edit and save your favorite soft keys for each application you use.
Pricing and Availability:
MC Transport is expected to be available at authorized Euphonix retailers in June 2009 at an estimated street price of $399.99.