Roland has announced version 2 of its JUNO-G workstation, available as a free download for owners of the original model.
The software upgrade adds user sampling and sample-pad triggering to the feature set, letting you expand your sound library. Using the external input, you can capture audio from a microphone, a CD/MP3 player, etc., and assign the recorded sound to a front-panel button where it can be triggered like a pad.
- User sampling and waveform editing now available with Version 2
- Stores up to 9,000 samples (user: 2,000, card: 7,000)
- Sample triggering from the six buttons below the LCD screen
- 12 samples can be assigned simultaneously to the buttons (6 samples x 2 groups)
- Version 2 available to all JUNO-G owners via free download!
If you’ve used version 2, leave a comment with your thoughts!
- Stunning “Fantom-X-quality” sound engine, 128-voice polyphony
- Audio/MIDI multitrack recorder with dedicated transport controls and mixer
- SRX Expansion slot for adding great new sounds
- Wave Expansion Board SRX series
- Large, friendly display and front-panel controls
- Arpeggiator, Chord Memory, Rhythm Pattern, and multi-effects built in
- USB port for MIDI communication, AIFF/WAV file exchange, and data transfer
- PC Card slot (which accepts CompactFlash or SmartMedia cards via adapter)
- Cakewalk SONAR LE software CD-ROM bundled
- SONAR LE
- Invisible infrared D Beam controller