It’s made up of a collection of YouTube videos, all featuring musicians playing something in Bb major. The videos can be played simultaneously and the mix can be adjusted with the individual volume sliders.
Anyone can participate. Here are some guidelines:
- Sing or play an instrument, in Bb major. Simple, floating textures work best, with no tempo or groove. Leave lots of silence between phrases.
- Record in a quiet environment, with as little background noise as possible.
- Wait about 5-10 seconds to start playing.
- Total length should be between 1-2 minutes.
- Thick chords or low instruments don’t work very well.
- Record at a low volume to match the other videos.
- You can listen to this mix on headphones while you record.
- After you upload to YouTube, play your video along with the other videos on this page to make sure the volume matches.
The concept of In Bb lends itself to ambient music, because of the lack of sychronization between the videos, but it’s open-ended enough that you could add a drum and bass track to the mix and it could work just as well.
Check out In Bb and leave a comment with your thought!