XILS-lab has announced XILS 3, a new matrix-style synthesizer based on the architecture of a classic modular matrix synth, the EMS VCS3.
You can preview audio samples at the XILS-lab site.
- Three aliasing-free oscillators: sine, ramp, square, triangle.
- One 2/4 poles low pass filter (a 3 pole self-oscillating mode is also planned).
- One envelope, based on two different designs, trapezoid and ADSR.
- One spring reverb.
- One ring modulator.
- One 128 steps sequencer.
- Two output static filters.
- One joy-stick.
- Three connection matrix.
- One input gate.
- One input envelope follower.
- One pitch tracker.
- One transient tracker.
- Mono/Unison/Polyphonic playing mode, up to 18 voices of polyphony.
- All parameters MIDI controllable.
- Many presets made by famous sound designers (Kevin Lamb, Chris Pitman, Cliff Douse, to name but a few )
XILS 3 will be available soon for both Mac (AU/VST/RTAS) and PC (VST/RTAS) at a price of €220.