Yudo has introduced Rectools08pro Multi Track Recorder (App Store link), a $20 app that turns your iPhone into an 8-channel audio recorder.
This is pretty amazing, when you consider that The Beatles recorded Sgt. Pepper’s with 4-track recorders! Of course, the iPhone imposes limitations on getting audio in and out; as far as I know, you can only record two channels at a time to the iPhone.
According to Yudo, “We are from now on also planning to make it network compatible, add synthesizers, a drum machine, effects and much more in the near future.”
If you’ve used Rectools08pro, leave a comment with your thoughts!
Rectools08pro is the first 8 channel multi track recorder for the iPhone / iPod Touch. It is comptabile with all external iPhone / iPod Touch microphones and records in 44.1kHz / 16bit top quality.
Thanks to the wave edit feature, it is also possible to edit and process your recorded data afterwards.
- 8 channel multi track recording (note that mono track takes up 1 channel and a stereo track takes up 2 channels)
- Wave edit function Edit & process your recorded data.
- Equalizer Comes with a 3 band equalizer one for each channel.
- Frequency range of 20hz ~ 20kHz and gain Â±12dB.
- Mixer; Like a real mixing console volume fader, panning pot and equalizer, mute, solo is supported for all channels also input and output channels can have their volume and panning position adjusted (note that the input channel volume is done in software)
- Audio Pool: Lets you access all the recorded data in your project, delete and upload to your computer in the local network is also possible.
- Metronome: Helps you to keep the beat when recording.
- PC-SYNC: Send your recordings to a computer n the same local network as your iPhone / iPod Touch via WI-FI.
- Compatible with 3rd party microphone: Tested and works with various 3rd party microphones.
- Recording format: Linear PCM (WAV) 44.1kHz / 16bit in stereo or mono.
- Recording length: max 7 min
- Compatibility: Tested and works with: iPodTouch(2nd) + Apple’s In-Ear headphones with remote and mic / The iPhone microphone / Alesis’s ProTrack / Logitec’s LIC-iREC01 / Tunewear’s CAPSULE Mic / Stereo Sound Recorder for iPod.