UVI Workstation is a free multi-timbral instrument that provides unlimited parts, integrated effects, live performance features, and a smooth real-time workflow.
In a nutshell, they’re giving away their software workstation for free and hoping that you’ll like it enough to buy Soundpack downloads.
UVI Workstation main features:
- New UVI Engine XT design provides superior sound quality and functionality.
- 100% compatible with the UVI Soundcards from Ultimate Sound Bank.
- Easily expandable with new Soundpack downloads from UVISoundsource.com
- Universal compatibility Mac/Win
- Supports all major plug-in formats (Audio Units, VST, RTAS, MAS)
- Manage instruments and loops in the same interface
- New smart integrated browser
- New “info” section with text, pictures, and website link
- Convenient mixing environment with meters, mute, solo, volume, pan…
- Unlimited parts
- Up to 64 MIDI channels
- Disk streaming per part
- Multiple separate outputs
- MIDI learn
- Expert mode
- Cross-platform Multi’s with host compatible
- Sound Design-Shaping tools: envelopes, multimode filters, LFOs, pitch…
- Unlimited FX instances
- Complete professional effects arsenal, with easy editing
(delay, reverb, phaser, chorus, EQ, filter, drive, distortion, compressor…)
- Excellent sounding convolution reverb
- Direct sync to host: tempo & transport
- State-of-the-art real-time time-stretch algorithm
- Real-time sync to the beat: loops are always in time
- Latch mode
- Sample/Slice Start for loops and phrases
- Drag & Drop MIDI & Audio
- Import REX files, Apple Loops, AIFF, WAV and more.
- Direct connection to the UVI SoundSource RSS feed
If you’ve used UVI Workstation, leave a comment with your thoughts!