It’s now available for pre-order for $99.
Now available for PRE-ORDER! The second of our newly remastered Orchestron discs, SOLO FRENCH HORN. As soon as we have 15 pre-orders, we’ll go to press and start shipping. It’s unlikely that there will be sufficient demand to do a second run of 25 of these discs, so your best bet is to buy as many of these as you need while you can! Any future additional copies will most likely be done as one-offs, which are twice as expensive to produce, and thus will cost twice as much.
PLEASE NOTE: This disc WILL NOT play properly in an Optigan! They WILL play, but the sounds will NOT be mapped correctly to the keyboard- they will be mapped mostly haphazardly across the chord buttons. Please don’t order this disc expecting to easily use it in an Optigan. In the future we will be porting the Orchestron sounds to the Optigan- please be patient! 🙂
This is not a simple photocopy of an original vintage Orchestron disc, it’s completely re-mastered and re-created from scratch, using the original sounds from the Orchestron master tapes. In other words, this disc won’t sound 100% exactly like the original discs in every tiny detail.
- Since there’s usually no way to precisely identify the exact 2-second excerpt that was originally used from each sustained note on the master tapes (some of which can be 8-10 seconds long), we’ve simply chosen 2-second excerpts that sounded good in our editing situation.
- Our French Horn disc has a little more low-end and a bit less upper-mids than the original. These can both be adjusted with EQ if you’re trying to precisely duplicate the overall tonality of the original discs.
- Our disc has a bit more white noise than the original, apparently an unavoidable result of the mastering process.
- The loop joints on our disc are very smooth and for the most part don’t pop/thud the way the originals do.
- We’ve staggered the loop joints evenly across the disc (instead of placing them all at 12 o’clock), so that no two notes hit their loop joint at the same time.
- Some of our discs may have very slight periodic crosstalk on some notes (mostly noticeable on higher notes), owing to miniscule variations in the center hole punching tolerance. Said crosstalk should be well within the acceptable limits that Orchestron users are accustomed to.
So, will our disc satisfy the absolute purist? Probably not, and we won’t attempt to argue otherwise. But despite the differences, to the more casual player our disc sounds very much like the original. We’re confident that you’ll love the sound and quality of this disc, but if you’re not totally satisfied, we’re happy to offer a 100% money-back guarantee. This is a labor of love for us, and we want to make sure you feel the love too!
Since the original discs came in plain white jackets, so will ours. We will be replicating the original printed paper sleeves- spelling/grammar errors and all.
Soon we will have all eight of the original Orchestron discs remastered, as well as a few brand new titles. Stay tuned!