Zero G has announced Vocaloid SONIKA, a virtual vocalist modelled on the voice of a young girl pop singer.
According to Zero-G:
- Sonika is a sweet virtual voice at your fingertips…
- Sonika is a new cyberspace starlet who will hit those high notes every time with perfect accuracy.
- Sonika can sing any word from the English language (and other languages too with a little work).
- Sonika is also very well suited if you want to be adventurous and experimental, since her voice can be easily modified and shaped in many ways.
- SONIKA will spread any sustained vowel (or voiced consonant) across as many notes as you like, with perfect legato. You can select from several different natural vibrato types and drag and drop your chosen type to any note or notes, and control the time-position and amount of the vibrato.
Vocaloid Sonika also can sound pretty creepy, possibly unintentionally, as you’ll hear in this audio demo:
Vocaloid Sonika retails for $199.95 USD (169 Euros / £114.95 GBP).
Let me know what you think of virtual young girl pop singer Sonika!
Should she keep her day job?