JR Hexatone Pro (App Store link) for the iPhone is a “next-generation” hexogonal loop generation tool that uses artificial intelligence and advanced randomization algorithms to produce constantly changing sonic structures:
Imagine a 6-directional drum machine/rhythm sequencer where only your imagination is the limit. Every sequence can be totally chaotic, random, or strict and controlled. Hexatone is capable of producing constantly changing, insanely addictive rhythms. You only choose the best and then export them to Intua Beatmaker / desktop DAW via the built-in Wi-Fi server.
Amidio teamed up with Dream Theater’s Jordan Rudess to create the hexagonal sequencer.
Here, Rudess offers his introduction:
- Stutter, Chorus FX: Move your device and hear the mind-blowing stutter and chorus effects!
- SeamlessLoop: produce fantastic seamless ORIGINAL (your own!) loops and use them in Intua Beatmaker / desktop DAW
- Destrukto: a carefully blended combination of Noise, Bitcrushing and Destruction to spice up your samples
- InstantIDM: hold your finger in the center of the screen and watch the field fill up with random Cell commands.
- Randomize Samples for even more madness!
- Upload many samples at once to the wi-fi server by zipping them.
Here’s a look at Hexatone basics:
JR Hexatone seems to owe a bit of inspiration to the reacTogon, described as “a chain reactive performance arpeggiator”: