U&I Software has released MetaSynth 5, an electronic music studio for Mac OS X.
MetaSynth is not intended to be a soft-synth or plug-in. It is a complete sound design and electronic music composition environment with six “rooms “that you can use to create and process sounds in a variety of paradigm-smashing ways.
MetaSynth 5 Features:
- MetaSynth 5 is universal binary, multi-threaded and fully Leopard-compatible.
- Recording available in both Sample Editor and Montage Room.
- 32-bit floating point sound buffers and 64-bit floating point math for all audio operations.
- Full support for .caf and .wav files. – MetaSynth 5 can read and write .aif, .sd2, .caf and .wav files in all rooms.
- Add output device selection to Preferences. – MetaSynth no longer uses the default output device chosen in Audio MIDI Setup. MetaSynth now allows the selection of any available output device.
- Files can be saved at up to 32-bit resolution.
- Much longer sounds can be loaded and created than previously.
MetaSynth retails for $599.
If you’ve used MetaSynth, leave a comment with your thoughts!