Armin van Buuren is back, with a video for his track Shivers.
A lot of people are going to hate this video and for good reasons:
- It starts with the slow motion babe shots and then quickly introduces the theme of the slow motion babe missing van Buuren
- Slow motion babe takes time out to dream about van Buuren
- Time out – for the slow motion babe to get naked and wet in slow motion, and then…..
- OMG! He’s in the f***** shower!
- But it was just a dream….not a creepy stalking incident.
- Oh yeah – it’s mainstream trance!
- Slow motion babe finds hope for redemption at the end.
Yes – it’s formulaic – and long-time Synthtopia readers know that we tend to like videos that involve DJing with decapitated heads, thousands of Legos reproducing classic 8-bit graphics or Thriller in the Nude.
But you know what? van Buuren totally nails this sh**. He’s committed. If you want to make trance, you could do worse than to study everything van Buuren does.
I’m not sure if there’s anything to be learned from this – but if you’re laboring away making music in an obscure electronic niche, you might want to consider adding slow motion babe/hunk shots to your next video.