This is the video for 2Girlz‘ Fallin Angels, sent my way via Twitter by @podcastmama, who asks “Is this the worst use of AutoTune, ever?”
That’s a tough question to answer, but the video for Fallin’ Angels has a lot going for it:
- Gratuitous rain shots? Check.
- Generic trance beats and sounds? Check.
- Vocalists lip-syncing non-existent harmony parts? Check.
- Hot sisters competing to see who can wear the skeeziest outfit? Check.
- Original lyrics? “I’m just a fallin’ angel, Loosing my religion, Trying hard to fly.” Check.
- A special visit from the high school line-dancing strip squad? Check.
- Classic 80’s style green-screen work? Check.
- Vertical motorcycle riding? Check.
The AutoTuning is just the icing on the cake.