You probably already know that synth meetups are a great way to meet and learn from other people that are into synths. This video, from Pacific Northwest Synth 2009, documents five more reasons to go to a synth meetup.
5 Reasons To Go To A Synth Meetup
- They are the synth geek equivalent of a trip to the Playboy Mansion – everywhere you look, you see something gorgeous.
- Everybody there thinks that guys rocking out with keytars are cool.
- Where else are you going to see a giant Mini Modular?
- Analog IS better than digital. Especially when it’s digitally-controlled analog.
- Three words: MIDI-controlled skulls
If you made it to Pacific Northwest Synth 2009, leave a comment with your experiences or links to videos and photos from the event!
Here is a live performance of the MMM demo number four featuring the stack of MMMs behind, the Syntar (the father of the MMM) and the new AcidLab MIAMI in MIDI mode.
The bass line, arpeggio and drums were sequenced in Logic.
The Skulls were triggered via Logic (the percussion tracks) using Division-6’s MIDIFY.