In addition to Ableton’s announcements today about Ableton Live Intro and their giveaway of 10 free Live Packs to celebrate Live’s 10th anniversary, it announced the release date for Max For Live and the beta release.
Max for Live will be available on November 23rd, 2009. It will cost USD 299/EUR 249. If you already own Max 5, the discounted price is USD 99/EUR 79.
If you’re a Live 8 user already, you can join the Max For Live beta.
Max for Live, co-developed by Ableton and Cycling ’74, puts the power and potential of Max/MSP inside Live. Max for Live is a tool kit for making new devices. You can build new devices from scratch, modify existing ones or simply use devices that others have made. Max for Live includes several ingenious example devices and plenty of tutorials to take you from using to tweaking, and then to building.
- Build your own audio effects, MIDI effects and instruments
- Use the API to control Live Sets, tracks, clips, devices, notes, loops, parameters etc.
- Extend your hardware’s feature set: provides objects to access any hardware controllers that are connected to Live
- Includes a specialized version of Max for creating and editing Max devices (Please note: does not run independently of Max for Live)
- Comes with a selection of MAX devices that are ready to use out of the box for audio and MIDI processing, algorithmic composition, real-time performance and hardware control
- Devices keep playing in Live while they are being edited in Max
- Flexible user interface design: the UI can look like Live or completely different
- Includes hundreds of built-in Max objects for logic, MIDI, scripting, audio and video processing
- Supports video synthesis and animation via “Jitter” objects
- Includes step-by-step tutorials for learning to program with Max for Live