This is a demo of the Synthesis Technologies MOTM-650, a 2U wide, full-featured 4-channel MIDI-CV converter.
- Voice allocations settable as four 1 voice, two 2 voice, or one 4 voice group – each voice group separately addressable via MIDI
- Voice assignment modes on a per voice configuration: Poly 1, Poly 1 steal, Poly 2, Poly 2 steal, Unison, Solo Unison, Solo, Solo Rotate.
- Dual arpeggiators, each arpeggiator assignable to any active voice group – one arpeggiator per voice group
- Arpeggiator clock sources – MIDI IN Clock, internal clock (60-238BPM weighted), or external
- Arpeggiator clock divisors /4, /3, /2, /1.5, 1X, 1.5X, 2X and 4X the clock rate
- Arpeggiator note order as up, down, up/down, and down/up
- Arpeggiator modes are normal, ordered, ping pong, and random
- Portamento – per voice group configurable as constant rate or constant time
- Each voice group is independently configurable
- Firmware updateable via MIDI (Windows and Mac OS 9 update utilities provided)
- All MOTM-650 options settable via MIDI CCs or MIDI System Exclusive commands as well as the front panel user interface
- MOTM-650 Settings and state are remembered across power cycles
- Patch storage for MOTM-650 settings (up to 32) – recallable via MIDI patch change command
- Microtuning per MIDI spec
- Pitch bend adjustable from +/- 0 to 24 to be added to note CV on all voices
- Each of 4 AUX outputs assignable to pitch bend, channel aftertouch, or any MIDI CC.
- Velocity jack on each voice can be configured to be velocity or a trigger – providing a 5ms pulse when the voice is retriggered
- LEDs to monitor MIDI IN activity, internal/external/MIDI clock, and voice gate operation
- 8X2 LCD with variable backlight and 4 buttons for the user interface
- External clock in jack
- Transmits MIDI clock if set to external or internal clock
The MOTM-650 retails for $499.