Hardstyle Synth Tutorial Using Toxic Biohazard

YouTube Preview Image

This is a tutorial that looks at programming a hardstyle synth patch using Toxic Biohazard.

via limmylimm:

The Melody is Project One – Life Beyond Earth remade by myself

You can download the midi @

25 thoughts on “Hardstyle Synth Tutorial Using Toxic Biohazard

1. I like the blooper at the end ;^). I agree with flstudioguru that some of the Image-Line synths are a bit lackking. I do think that Toxic Biohazard and Morphine are stand-out synths. I picked them up last year durring discounted group buys.

I like Toxic Biohazard's nasty edge for sure. Something limmylimm failed to mention is that a Toxic Biohazard has FM Synthesis via an one panel FM Matrix. Using this in conjunction with Frequency Offset for an oscillator. While it's less complex than most FM synths it's certainly enough to increase the harmonic range of the synth – especially when you use LFO's. The LFO's have interesting shapes for gating as well. Other features to note are 6 oscillators and a drive circuit. The sequencer isn't bad either with 64 steps. So while I don't use the synth a ton, I do go to it when I'm looking for some nasty bite.

If you want to hear Toxic Biohazard in the context of a song check out my track "Taking It Back" http://markmosher.bandcamp.com/track/taking-it-ba… Toxic Biohazard is the lead synth at the 55s mark.

2. I like the blooper at the end ;^). I agree with flstudioguru that some of the Image-Line synths are a bit lackking. I do think that Toxic Biohazard and Morphine are stand-out synths. I picked them up last year durring discounted group buys.

3. I like the blooper at the end ;^). I agree with flstudioguru that some of the Image-Line synths are a bit lackking. I do think that Toxic Biohazard and Morphine are stand-out synths. I picked them up last year durring discounted group buys.

4. I like the blooper at the end ;^). I agree with flstudioguru that some of the Image-Line synths are a bit lackking. I do think that Toxic Biohazard and Morphine are stand-out synths. I picked them up last year durring discounted group buys.

5. I like the blooper at the end ;^). I agree with flstudioguru that some of the Image-Line synths are a bit lackking. I do think that Toxic Biohazard and Morphine are stand-out synths. I picked them up last year durring discounted group buys.

6. fl studio and it's instruments are less then impressive. that's why all the pros who use fl studio use it to lay down a quick beat on the step sequencer. and they always mix and finalize everything in a real daw. looks like image-line is doing away with block editing too, the only thing people really use it for. the vst instruments they've been pumping out lately are lackluster, just a bunch of repackaged synths with the soundgoodizer engine that doesn't sit well in a mix. they have another one coming out called harmless, it's rather harmful to your wallet. i'd say save your money on image-line products and buy something worth while. such as the no brainer deals from audiomidi.com, you can't go wrong there. even native instruments is offering their stellar synths for the same price or cheaper.

7. fl studio and it's instruments are less then impressive. that's why all the pros who use fl studio use it to lay down a quick beat on the step sequencer. and they always mix and finalize everything in a real daw. looks like image-line is doing away with block editing too, the only thing people really use it for. the vst instruments they've been pumping out lately are lackluster, just a bunch of repackaged synths with the soundgoodizer engine that doesn't sit well in a mix. they have another one coming out called harmless, it's rather harmful to your wallet. i'd say save your money on image-line products and buy something worth while. such as the no brainer deals from audiomidi.com, you can't go wrong there. even native instruments is offering their stellar synths for the same price or cheaper.

8. Yeah nothing special here. it reminds me of digi design's xpand 2 plug-in how you layer sounds, minus the sound quality of course.

9. Yeah nothing special here. it reminds me of digi design's xpand 2 plug-in how you layer sounds, minus the sound quality of course.

10. How is he editing the numbers? When I have it open in FL 9 I can't edit them. I click on them, whatever, nothing happens. ='(

11. How is he editing the numbers? When I have it open in FL 9 I can't edit them. I click on them, whatever, nothing happens. ='(

12. Ty so much man ;) nice tutorial… i will try to produce hardstyle song now ^^ but now i will search tutorial to have some bass like headhunterz or frontliner ;)

13. how do you change the numbers like the pitch and whatnot.
    when i click it it does nothing, no idea how to change it ><

14. Dude many people use FL Studio to write there full tracks.Yes some use it as a program to get down ideas before doing it in a better seq.But there are many top producers who have releases done on FL.You are right about the plugins,there pretty poor quality.If u are a true FL Guru then u should know that FL is a great program from which professional results can be achieved.Besides if u r True FLGuru why are u on here slagging it off,go and use your Cubase,Logic,Sonar,Live and spend some time producing instead of slagging off a program of which u r a Guru.