Yamaha has introduced the DTX950K and DTX900K electronic drum kits.
- Yamaha’s new DTX-PAD Textured Cellular Silicone Head technology – a newly developed pad technology which offers dynamic control, comfort and playability.
- The new DTX900 module; Common to both new kits, the DTX900 module combines advanced sound technology and a huge range of effects from Yamaha’s top end Motif XS professional synthesiser ranges , while also housing a wide variety of superb samples from many of Yamaha’s acoustic drum models. The module boasts over 1100 drum voices and 211 tonal sounds, all of which can be extensively edited, customised and enhanced with up to 70 different types of effects.
- The DTX 900 comes complete with a selection of over 50 preset kits.
- All the onboard sounds can also be adapted and easily stored to one of the 50 user kits and over 40 onboard songs of all styles are on offer which can also be further adapted and stored as user sets.
- The new DTX900 can be linked directly to your computer and via USB can also control Cubase directly from the module.
- The new DTX900 module is also capable of importing and layering samples using optional memory.
Yamaha has not announced availability or pricing, so expect more details around NAMM Show time.
The Yamaha DTX900K
The DTX900K is a 5 Piece drum set featuring the new DTX-PADS with a 12″ Snare Pad, 3 x 10″ Tom Pads and the 12″ Kick Pad. For the cymbal pads the DTX900 features a 15″ Cymbal Pad and 2 x 13″ Cymbal Pads designed to give natural feel and sway of a cymbal all with the 3 zone function so that you can play the Bell, Ride an Bow independently, these cymbal pads can also be choked. To complete the set is the 13″ hi hat Pad which is controlled using a real hi hat stand with the pad moving up and down to allow for fine control over the range of sounds, you can even play foot splashes. These pads are mounted on the sturdy and compact RS130 drum rack.
The Yamaha DTX950K
The DTX950K is a 6 Piece drum set featuring the new DTX-PADS with a 12″ Snare Pad, 2 x 10″ Tom Pads and 2 x 12″ Tom Pads and the 12″ Kick Pad. And like the DTX900K the cymbal pads the DTX950K features a 15″ Cymbal Pad and 2 x 13″ Cymbal Pads along with the 13″ hi hat Pad which is controlled using a real hi hat stand. These pads are mounted on the Hexrack, originally developed for Yamaha acoustic drums, the innovative design provides a stable, portable and expandable platform for the DTX950K.