The Pythagorean Lambdoma Harmonic Keyboard May Reveal Key to the Universe

lambdoma-pythagorean-harmonic-keyboard

The Pythagorean Lambdoma Harmonic Keyboard, designed by mathemetician Barbara Hero, is an unusual MIDI controller that’s based on ancient concepts and fundamental harmonic relationships between notes.

The keyboard is based on the Lambdoma Matrix, a mathematical grid attributed to the philosopher Pythagoras. The Matrix plots whole-number ratios, with whole numbers along on side (1,2,3,4….) and their inverse fractions (1/1, 1/2, 1/3, 1/4….) along the other.

Here’s an example, via Drew Lesso:

lambdoma-matrix

The grid shows the whole-number ratios that are possible, given these numbers. Applied to music, the grid shows simple whole-number rations in relationship to a fundamental tone (1), and all notes are based on these ratios will be “in-tune”.

Because of the nature of the mathematics underlying the keyboard, some suggest that the Pythagorean Lambdoma Harmonic Keyboard could reveal the key to the universe:

Why do we assert that the Pythagorean Lambdoma Harmonic Keyboard holds the key to unlock the mysteries of the universe?

First, we can measure the frequency of colors, chemical elements, organs of the body, and anything else, even planets, stars and galaxies. Then we can “translate” these frequencies to sounds that we can hear. Using the PLHK we can play, and play with, these sounds. Hearing these “new” sounds can be profoundly healing. Many people report that these sounds induce expanded states of consciousness.

Barbara’s PLHK’s computer program also shows the beautiful sacred geometric shapes that correspond with the relationships, or ratios, between pairs of notes and even chords.

Here’s an overview and demonstration of the Pythagorean Lambdoma Harmonic Keyboard by designer Barbara Hero. In the video, Hero uses the keyboard to demonstrate basic harmonic relationships and the simple geometric shapes that the harmonic relationships create:

YouTube Preview Image

26 thoughts on “The Pythagorean Lambdoma Harmonic Keyboard May Reveal Key to the Universe

1. That was fast!

Once this is running on the Novation Launchpad, nirvana will be within reach of all…..

• Hello Friend,
      I have a Novation Launchpad and I’m trying to find a FIX, Code…anything really to have the Lambdoma Layout on a Launchpad…did u figure out a way? For MAC or PC

Thanks,
      Shaheer

2. Mister Iltron here!

He's absolutely bongo. If I spent as much time taking away the other, I too could be blank!

(Psst, I think he's either mad or both, but give him the clap he so richly deserves.)

Thanks for your support – I will continue to wear it.

3. Mister Iltron here!

Thanks for your support – I will continue to wear it.

4. And I don't think that you (spelt 'you') should tag my critique of the device with an offensive description of the inventor, Ms Anon. But as long is your ageist remark was only intended in fun, who am I to publicly hold you up to ridicule?

5. that's not numerology. that's physics. phenomenology mayhap. hard science in either case. maryanne would dig it.

6. that's not numerology. that's physics. phenomenology mayhap. hard science in either case. maryanne would dig it.

7. Heya! I realize this is kind of off-topic but I had
    to ask. Does operating a well-established website like
    yours take a massive amount work? I am brand new to operating a blog however I do write in my journal on a daily
    basis. I’d like to start a blog so I can share my personal experience and
    views online. Please let me know if you have any kind of suggestions or tips
    for brand new aspiring bloggers. Appreciate it!

8. THIS IS A TREASURE FOR HUMANITY. IT IS SACRED KNOWLEDGE. MAKE IT FOR FREEEE.

FREE YOUR MIND.
    FREE YOUR SPIRIT.
    FREE YOUR BODY.

FREE LAMBDOMA KEYBOARD CODE. It is PUBLIC PROPERTY KNOWLEDGE.