Tonehammer has introduced Shake Vol. 1, a deep sampled collection dedicated to shakers, rattles and bell tree percussion.
The fuzzy, buzzy, sandy -sounding “chuff”, “shuck” and “jingle” of hand-held shakers and bells is an essential part of orchestral, latin, electronic, hip hop and even rock music.
We found, collected and even hand-made 14 different instruments for this library, covering the whole spectrum of shaker instruments. We included deep sampled strikes and shakes for custom rhythm creation. We also captured sustaining rolls, grooves and gliss effects, in both natural and host-tempo synching arrangements. We also included a bonus collection of ambient drones and percussive elements created by heavily manipulating the shake source material.
Shake is meant to deeply explore an under-represented niche of percussion and allow composers and electronic musicians instant access to life-like sound and playability.
Shake Vol. 1 is available for the introductory price of $39 USD until 28 January, 2010 (regular price $49 USD).
If you’ve used Tonehammer Shake, leave a comment with your thoughts!
- Studio (dry) recorded recorded shakers, rattlers and bell tree percussion.
- All single shakes and strikes feature multiple velocities, 10X round-robin variations and precision attack and release control.
- All sustaining rolls and grooves feature long loops for greater realism, individual release-trigger samples and custom dynamic crescendo control.
- All single-shot effects and glisses feature start position and attack / release control
- Also Includes Kontakt 3 groove instruments with Host Tempo Synching, tuned single strike and shake multi-sample instruments and lite patches.
- Extensive read me (.pdf) install, patch and hint documentation
- 46 Kontakt patches, including one patch with everything / 2.321 samples
- 1.24 GB installed, 942 MB .rar download
- Sample resolution: 44.1Khz / 24Bit stereo .wav format
- Format(s): Kontakt 2, EXS24 and .wav
- Note: Native Instruments Kontakt 2 / 3 / 4 full retail versions required for all Kontakt instruments.
- Note: Free Kontakt Player will only work for 30 minutes with this product. Full version required to remove this restriction.