Renoise has announced Renoise 2.5 is available now, for Mac, Windows & Linux.
Renoise is a complete, expandable Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) based on mod trackers. Mod trackers are characterized by displaying and editing music in a grid known as a pattern. These patterns are akin to sheet music, but are displayed alphanumerically instead of with musical notation.
New features in Renoise 2.5 include:
- Pattern Matrix: A birds eye view and editor of the song
- Cross Track Routing for “Meta Devices” and new devices like the “Signal Follower”, which allows you to sidechain other tracks parameters
- Plugin Grabber: Render Plugin Instruments to Renoise Instruments, Samples
- Vastly Improved MIDI Mapping
- A Bunch of New Internal Effects
- The user manual has been rewritten from scratch.
Renoise is 58 Euro (currently about $80). A free demo version is available now for Linux, Mac & Windows.
If you’ve used Renoise 2.5, leave a comment with your thoughts!