XILS-Lab has announced the polyKB, a new polyphonic substractive synthesizer based on two waveform morphing, aliasing free oscillators and a self oscillating 4 poles low pass filter.
- two aliasing-free morphing oscillators: from triangle to pulse, through saw.
- One 4 poles low pass self oscillating filter
- two envelope generators (ADSR)
- two MIDI synced LFO
- One MIDI synced Sample and Hold
- One 128 steps polyphonic sequencer
- One arpeggiator
- Chorus and delay effects
- Mono/Unison/Poly playing mode with up to 16 voices of polyphony
- All parameters are MIDI controllable
The polyKB is officially “coming soon”.
The modulation section of the polyKB acts like a matrix with five dedicated sources (LFO, ADSR,VCO,NOISE,VELOCITY) and five dedicated destinations (VCO 1 and 2 pitch, VCO 1 and 2 waveform,VCF frequency).
To increase the sound design possibilities, six menus have being added, two for the sources, four for the destination, with which a wide range of modules can be choosen
(Velocity, sequencer ouputs, LFO freq, Filter res, VCO levels, to name but a few)
The polyKB brings also a very powerful polyphonic sequencer.
The sequencer can record and play 8 voices independently as well as the pitch than the velocity. To control the sequence, a 2 to 128 steps clock system allows a wide range of rythms and patterns.
The sequencer outputs can be assigned as a source of modulation.