iPad Music Software: This video demonstrates beatmaking with iSequence for iPad – a new $6.99 software sequencer for the Apple iPad.
iSequence (App Store link) is “one of the most powerful music creation studio designed exclusively for iPad,” according to its developers. You can record tracks and controls movement in real-time, edit them using step sequencer and automation editor, switch between instruments, tracks and views without stopping playback.
If you’ve tried iSequencer for iPad, leave a comment with your thoughts!
- Use one of 160 built-in instruments: a collection of acoustic instruments, drum kits, pads, leads, sweeps and ambient atmospheres recorded with top classic and modern hardware synthesizers.
- Buy additional banks in the BankShop
- Play using adjustable piano keyboard or large drum pads
Real-Time Recording & Parameter Automation
- Record as you play the notes. Change instruments and tracks without stopping playback
- Use metronome and “slow down” mode if you are not a piano virtuoso
- Record parameter changes as you move controls
- 8 tracks and FX curves editor. Instruments are not bound to tracks, so you can play chords or use multiple instruments on a single track
- Edit music events using piano keyboard, drum pads and other controls
- Set note duration, panning, velocity and gliss
- Copy/paste, move and transpose selected area or patterns
- Arrange pattern sequences to create a complete song
Mixer and Effects
- Adjust tempo, master volume and beat shuffle
- Set level / mute or solo mode for each of the 8 tracks
- Route tracks to one of 2 effect channels, each containing 3d delay and filter section
- Export your work as HSQ, MIDI or WAV
- Copy your tracks to the audio clipboard
- Import HSQ songs
- Ability to import own samples and create custom instruments
- Keyboard poly/solo mode