Highly Liquid has introduced MIDI CPU – an $44.95 “instant DIY MIDI controller/MIDI encoder” that can be used to created custom MIDI devices.
The MIDI CPU ships fully assembled. Simply attach MIDI connectors, control components, and a battery or DC power supply.
The MIDI CPU has a long list of potential applications:
- Build your own traditional footswitch, keyboard, or “knob box” controller
- Build your own alternative MIDI controller—optical theremin, fret-based controller, etc
- Generate MIDI note patterns or CC waveforms from digital or analog signals.
- Re-purpose a “consumer” keyboard, calculator, game controller, or other electronic device as a MIDI controller.
- 24 independent input terminals
- Monitors up to 128 switches, 14 potentiometers, or 12 encoders
- Allows mixed input types
- Merges MIDI input with locally generated messages—multiple units share a single MIDI Out port
- Powered via battery or DC supply between 3.3V and 12V
- Measures only 66mm x 38mm (2.6? x 1.5?)
- Configured via MIDI SysEx message
- User-upgradeable firmware