Steinberg has released HALion Sonic, a VST workstation instrument and the successor to the Hypersonic 2 VSTi.
HALion Sonic Features:
- Easy-to-use music and production workstation for synthesized sounds and recreation of acoustic instruments
- Over 1,200 instrument sounds created by top sound experts at Steinberg and Yamaha
- Multi-timbral VST3 audio-engine with 4 different modes: disk-streaming sample playback, highend virtual analog synthesis, dedicated sliced-loop and drum mode
- M morphing filters seamlessly blend between up to 4 of 24 filter types
- FlexPhraser module for dynamically driving beats, arpeggios and complex tonal phrases
- Wide range of audio effects on board, including REVerence convolution reverb
- Integrated MediaBay sound management system
- Stage optimized: dedicated player view, rapid building of keyboard splits or layers, and switching of entire multisetups with a single command
- Full VST Expression support for smart articulation editing in Cubase 5
- Cross platform: Windows (VST3, VST2.4) and Mac OS X (VST3, VST2.4, AU) plug-in support, including professional standalone
HALion Sonic is now available for EUR 249. US pricing and availability “soon”.