iPhone Music Software: Virsyn has introduced iVoxel, a new vocoder for for iPhone/iPod and iPad.
iVoxel is a combination of a voice optimized synthesizer and a vocoder.
The vocoder part is based on the Matrix vocoder from VirSyn used by many famous artists – one of them the well known german group Kraftwerk. The channel filters used by iVoxel are based on the Sennheiser Vocoder VSM201 resulting in a rich and fat analogue sound characteristic.
Pricing and release date are TBA. Details below.
- Realtime analysis/resynthesis of your voice
- 20 Channel vocoder
- Voice spectrum recorder (voxels)
- Over 200 prerecorded voxels included
- Play your vocoded voice live on keyboard. Drag for slides and vibrato.
- Sequencer for notes & lyrics
- Voice optimized monophonic synthesizer
- Time warping of voxels
- Gender changer
- Breath noise
- 12dB Lowpass filter
- Pitch vibrato with delay
- Chorus/Delay effects
- Export/Import of projects and voxels
- Export of audio recordings
You can use iVoxel in two different ways:
- As a realtime vocoder talking into the microphone while playing tunes on the keyboard. The sound character of your voice can be changed in many different aspects like pitch, gender or breath noise.
- Record the analyzed spectrum of phrases and words from your own voice. Then use these voxels to play with your own voice on the keyboard or with the build in sequencer. Over 200 hundred prerecorded voxels are already included.