Justin Bieber Meets Inception; U Smile 800% Slower

If Justin Bieber was in the second level of dreams in Inception, his songs might sound something like this – U Smile, slowed down 800%.

At this extreme range of time stretching, Bieber’s bubblegum pop sounds surprisingly like ambient space music – an improvement, if you ask me.

Check it out and leave a comment with your thoughts!

via Shamantis

34 thoughts on “Justin Bieber Meets Inception; U Smile 800% Slower

1. I bet there's a lot of ambient "musicians" feeling very stupid round about now. A pop song slowed down is better than all your rubbish music! Hahaha!

2. If this sounds like ambient and ambient is rubbish, but this is better than rubbish, how come it still sounds like ambient? Or maybe this is a new category? 'Like rubbish, but better?' ;P

3. ^^^ I didn't. Is there a link to a great sound stretch program that doesn't degrade sounds quality?

4. One element in some ambient music is a connection to meditation. This recording reminds us that skilled mediators can slow their minds down and when the do they experience the world in a different way just as this song is experienced differently. It also shows the incredible ability of the mind to organize input into a coherent structure. It would be interesting to take an ambient piece and speed it up to see if what structure emerge.

5. i have actually thought of doing this, but have not yet tried it. maybe take one of Steve Roach's hour-long soundscapes and compress it into 5 minutes. or maybe Sigur Ros sounds like pop music when played at 800%?

6. it's ruefully excellent. I don't want to like it, it's too popular, but in fact i cannot help but love it.

7. Justin B wouldn't use ABLETON LIVE 8 because it's really not made for professional recordings like Justin uses in the studio. He uses a BUG FREE DAW. Live 8 would crash in a studio that he uses.

8. I’m not certain the place you are getting your info, however good topic. I needs to spend a while learning much more or understanding more. Thanks for fantastic information I was searching for this info for my mission.

9. You could definitely see your enthusiasm within the paintings you write. The arena hopes for even more passionate writers such as you who are not afraid to say how they believe. All the time go after your heart.

10. Do you have a spam problem on this website; I also am a blogger, and I was curious about your situation; many of us
    have created some nice practices and we are looking to exchange methods
    with others, why not shoot me an e-mail if interested.