Warp records has officially announced Brian Eno’s Small Craft On A Milk Sea, a new collaboration with Jon Hopkins and Leo Abrahams.
Synthheads may remember our post about the new Brian Eno album from last month, where we reported Hopkins’ comments on the CD:
There’s an album out soon by Brian Eno, with myself and Jon Hopkins. It will be on Warp. It contains the fruits of several years of jams between the 3 of us.
I’ve not heard anything quite like it – it sounds ‘live’ and ‘alien’ at the same time. Some things have been permitted to survive which only Brian would have had the courage to let go, and it’s so much the better for it.
Any new release by Eno is welcome, but Small Craft On A Milk Sea sounds like it will be something that’s even out of left field for Eno.
Small Craft On A Milk Sea will be available in a variety of formats, ranging from standard CDs to the super-deluxe, signed-by-Eno-himself $450 mega-package.
Strangely, very little in the way of info on the actual music is available on the Warp site. No audio samples have been released.
Details on the various release formats below.
Small Craft On A Milk Sea Track List
- Emerald and Lime
- Complex Heaven
- Small Craft on a Milk Sea
- Flint March
- 2 Forms of Anger
- Bone Jump
- Dust Shuffle
- Slow Ice, Old Moon
- Lesser Heaven
- Calcium Needles
- Emerald and Stone
- Written, Forgotten
- Late Anthropocene
Release date: 2nd November 2010 (15th November in the UK).
* * CD album packaged in an 8 panel digipack.
* * Audiophile quality downloads : 24-bit WAV album AND 320kbps MP3 album delivered digitally on day of release. 2nd November 2010 (15th November in the UK).
Limited Edition Box Set (Heavyweight vinyl, 2xCD, Lithographic Print)
Packaged in a rigid, Birch paper-covered slipcase with printed and foil-blocked cover and spine, this edition includes:
* * 180g heavyweight, double disc 12″ vinyl pressing of the album, in full-colour, case-bound 12″ cover. Lined in crimson stock with foil block.
* * CD pressing of the album, along with extra disc containing four extra tracks, in full-colour, case-bound 12″ cover. Lined in crimson stock with foil blocked credit sheet.
* * High quality 12″ square lithographic print of new Brian Eno artwork, printed on 352gsm Mohawk Superfine stock, presented in full-colour, case-bound 12″ cover. Lined in crimson stock with tissue paper protection.
* * Audiophile quality downloads : 24-bit WAV album AND 320kbps MP3 album delivered digitally on day of release.
Collectors’ Edition Box Set (Unique signed, numbered screen print by Brian Eno, Heavyweight vinyl, 2xCD)
– Price: £250 / €350 / $450 including insured courier world wide.
This strictly limited edition of 250 worldwide includes everything in the Vinyl Edition with the following, one-of-a-kind additions:
* * A one-off, entirely unique and customised 12″ square silkscreen print by Brian Eno. A print application of the generative process that Brian has been developing throughout his career, each print will be be a unique combination of screen printed elements by Brian Eno and Nick Robertson. Printed on 330gsm Somerset Radiant White stock, signed and numbered in pencil by Brian Eno. There are no duplicates. The printing process will be fully documented.
* * A real copper plate, etched with the title and edition number embedded in the slipcase spine.
* * Price includes insured couriered shipping.