Novation today introduced a new keyboard synthesizer, the Novation UltraNova.
The UltraNova is a ‘Nova’ series analogue-modelling synthesizer with a powerful effects processor. It is a single-part synth taking the legendary Supernova II synth engine as a starting point and packing it with the latest technology. It now has brand new features including wavetable synthesis, even more powerful filters, a software editor and a revolutionary new touch-sense performance mode.
The Novation UltraNova will list for $850 and retail closer to $700.
Check out the details below and let me know what you think of the Novation UltraNova!
Key Features of the Novation UltraNova:
- Brand new Nova-series synth engine based on Supernova II:
- Single part with up to 18 voices, 14 filter types, 36 wavetables, 5 effect slots
- Patch Browse enables you to browse 300 sounds by type & genre
- Touch-sense controls enable totally new sound-shaping & performance:
- Trigger envelopes/LFOs/filters/FX by just touching the encoders
- Large rotary control instantly allows you fine control of any parameter
- Totally gig-able with 37 full sized keys, a vocoder, and loads of controls:
- Voice optimized 12 band vocoder with gooseneck mic
- High quality key bed with aftertouch for expressive playing styles
- Software plug-in editor and Patch Librarian for full visual editing:
- Plug-in editor allows you to view and edit in with software
- Software Patch Librarian a organise, store and share unlimited patches
- Built-in 2 in 4 out USB audio interface and it can be bus powered:
- UltraNova can be used to stream audio to and from a host computer
- Stereo main (analogue & SPDIF) and aux outputs, and MIDI in/out/thru ports
These videos go into further detail on the Novation UltraNova’s features and interface: