Deopfer has released updated photos, above, and information on its Dark Time sequencer – a companion to the Dark Energy analog synthesizer.
Dark Time is an 2 x 18 / 1 x 16 step analog sequencer that is planned as an add-on for the Dark Energy. But it may be also used in combination with other MIDI, USB or CV/Gate equipment.
The Dark Time sequencer will be available as a stand alone model – or combined with the Dark Energy to make a killer Dark combo.
Pricing on the Dark Time is expected to be Euro 450.00 – 500.00 (about $700), and availability to be end of 2010.
Check out the photos and details and let me know what you think about a $700 self-contained step sequencer!
Note: As the unit is still in the development state (as of October 2010) all specifications, prices and release dates are still are subject to change.
- two rows with 8 controls each
- for each step:
- – rotary control (same knob type as Dark Energy)
- – red LED
- – three-position switch On/Off/Skip
- On = trigger signal is active for this step
- Off = no trigger for this step
- Skip = step is skipped
- – three-position switch Stop/Continue/Jump
- Stop = sequence stops here
- Continue = sequence continues
- Jump (as yet Reset):
- If only one of the 16 toggle switches is in the Jump position a Reset is carried out (i.e. sequence jumps to stage 1)
- If two or more of the switches are in the Jump position the sequence jumps to the next step with the switch in the Jump position and then continues from this position (until another step with the switch in the Jump position is reached and then the same procedure is carried out again)
- several operating modes:
- 1×16 (i.e. the two rows are daisy-chained)
- 2×8 (i.e. both rows run in parallel)
- custom mode (e.g. three times row 1 and the once row 2, probably not yet available in the first firmware version)
- several running directions:
- several voltage / tuning ranges: 1V, 2V, 5V (corresponding to 1/2/5 octaves)
- quantization on/off/custom scale (custom scale probably not yet available in the first firmware version)
- transpose via switch (-1/0/+1 octave), Midi/USB or external CV input
- timing control, selected by a three position switch:
- internal via built-in clock oscillator with frequency and pulsewidth controls
- external via Midi/USB
- external via analog clock/start/stop
- analog interface for CV/gate/clock/Start-Stop (inputs and outputs, 3.5 mm miniature jack sockets)
- Midi interface
- USB interface (power supply via USB is not possible)
- basic parameters are set in the configuration mode (e.g. Midi channel for row 1, Midi channel for row 2, Midi clock dividing factor, custom scale, custom running mode)
- optically adapted to Dark Energy (same knobs, same depth and height, same wooden side plates and so on)
- Powered via external power supply (12 AC/min. 400mA) for 230V
- powering the device via USB is not possible, because the analog circuits require a dual voltage (+/-12V).