Drum Kit Kit AI is a drum machine brain for building a DIY drum controller.
It features an on-board Ardunio, MIDI out, and an FTDI connection out to your computer. For those of you who don’t know what an FTDI connection is, just think of it as a connection for a ‘Special USB Cable’ that connects the device to your Mac/Windows PC/Linux computer in the same way you would connect a printer.
Here’s a demo of a DIY drum controller built around the Drum Kit Kit AI:
- On board ATmega (frees up your Arduino for other projects).
- Screw terminals for the drum pad connections (makes changing pads easier).
- On-board Din-5 MIDI-out jack (Use the DKKAI, with your other MIDI equipment).
- FTDI compatible 90° pin header (makes it easy to program or use our Serial to MIDI software on your computer).
- DC 2.1mm power jack (power the Drum kit while “one the road”).
- All the ATmega digital pins are brought out in two rows of connectors with standard 0.1” spacing. With, +5 volts and ground (make your own accessories, selector buttons etc …).
- Four corner mounting holes (Build the Drum Kit into a project box and mount it).
- On board voltage regulator.
- Power selector jumper for USB (via optional FTDI cable) or DC power jack.