Native Instruments has introduced The Mouth, a new Reaktor effect that can create melodies and sounds based on an audio signal:
Sing, beatbox or send a drum loop into it and The Mouth comes to life as a tweakable synthesizer, bass, vocoder or talkbox-like effect. A playful interface provides you with plenty of room to shape your results as you go.
NI’s The Mouth can be used stand-alone or as a plug-in. It retails for .
The Mouth for Reaktor and Reaktor Player is available to purchase for $79/69 EUR.
Preview below. See the NI site for more details.
If you’ve used The Mouth, leave a comment with your thoughts!
- 118 synthesizer & multi effects.
- 4 generators: Input (with a choice of the raw input audio, or a ‘tuned’ version), Synth, Bass and Vocoder.
- Each generator comes with numerous different sounds easily selectable via a preset matrix in the interface.
- 5 faders in a simple mixer section, which also includes a master FX section for coloring the final mix.
- 8 Performance Control knobs alter both sound and amplitude envelopes at once, for easily shaping the character of the sound, and adding additional harmonies.
- ‘Beats Mode’ will process incoming drum patterns into interesting arpeggiated melodies.