HyperSynth has released a v2 update to its Miniak-editor, a Windows software editor for controlling the Akai Miniak synthesizer in your DAW.
Miniak-editor can retrieve presets from Miniak memory or load them from hard drive into the editor. You can send a complete program to Miniak via sysex or change any parameter of synthesizer in real time.
Update details below.
New In Miniak Editor 2.0:
- Added numerical and graphical readout for all envelopes.
- Now mod matrix can be displayed in front panel using new panel switch.
- Added intelligent randomizer.
- Added graphical readout for EX-input balance.
- Added readout for mod matrix level and offset.
- Added readout for filter freq (range 0-10 KHz).
- Added readout for portamento time and “FX1 LFO rate”.
- Added X, Y, Z knobs “mapped to”.
- Added option to set “category” via NRPN.
- Added option to set tracking generator preset.
- Now it is possible to set “FX1 LFO synced rate” via NRPN.
- Now “Load sysex” does not show pop-up screen after opening file and it can be accessible via new “Sysex tools” menu, “Load and Send” acts like the old behavior of “Load sysex” button.
- Added remotely saving Miniak programs in sysex format.
- Added “Save (editor program)” in sysex format.
- Added option to change program name and category in a sysex file.
- Added “Settings” menu.
- Now it is possible to configure editor in a way that it does not load panel-mode and program/bank numbers from preset.
- Added default sysex file with pre-added 12 mod slots (useful for building a patch from scratch without manually adding mod slots in Miniak).
- Fixed minor bug in pre-filter mix balance readout which did not display correct value at the first click.
- Fixed issue in “update mode” auto function that did not force editor to update all parameters via NRPN properly at startup.
- Now if you set “update mode” to manual it will block updating edit buffer at plugin startup too.
- Fixed minor graphical mistake in osc sqr waveshape
- Fixed issue about inverted “pitch wheel mode” after requesting patch.
- Fixed issue about updating “env loop mode” after requesting patch.
- Corrected “OSC fine” default value.
- Now “All notes off” mutes all notes properly.
- Now FX balance, FX1 feedback, vocoder analsis, vocoder bandshift are utilized with centered knob.
- Now selecting program using program knob triggers/sends MIDI bank number too.
- Deleted unusable “Arp module” from GUI.
- Sorted/Renamed parameters names in a way that they are displayed in VST host list properly.
- Updated documentation; PDF.
- Minor GUI enhancements.
The updated Miniak Editor for Windows is available now for $38, or $9.99 for registered users.