MiDi-to is a new wireless DJ controller designed for Serato Scratch Live.
It is the first iPad MiDi controller designed for Serato that does not need any additional software to work. MiDi-to takes advantage of the new Core MIDI framework available with iOS 4.2 which minimizes setup and latency.
According to the developer, “MiDi-to’s ambition is to become the platform for combining Turntablist and Controllerist performance techniques, for the next step in DJing.”
MiDi-to is $4.99 in the App Store.
MiDi-to’s features are divided into 3 practical views.
- Trigger Cue points
- Trigger Samples
- Use your “Ultra Knob” FX and all the latest presets
- Set manual loops
- Set auto-loops on the fly
- Reverse or “censor” the playing track
- Change playback mode between Absolute, Relative and Internal quickly in emergencies (cleaning your needle for example)
- Control your FX in “Super Knob Mode” for each deck.
- In this view you can have up to 3 simultaneous FXs per deck.
- All the latest Serato FX presets are included for quick and precise manipulation via ergonomic virtual faders.
- Change the rhythm of the FX on the fly.
- Navigate through your Crates and tracks directly from your iPad
- Assign a song to the desired deck and play it!