2011 NAMM Show: The Alesis StudioDock is a universal docking station specifically designed for the iPad that connects it to microphones, instruments, professional speaker and PA systems, MIDI controllers, sound modules and video projectors.
The StudioDock provides microphone and instrument users with two combination XLR and 1/4-inch inputs, each with its own gain control and switchable phantom power for condenser microphones.
Producers can use the StudioDock?s MIDI jacks to sequence external keyboards, samplers, drum machines and synthesizers, or perform using the StudioDock as the sound module and their favorite MIDI-compliant keyboard, drum pad or other controller. An assignable 1/4-inch footswitch input enables remote control of any app-defined function such as stop/start or record. Users can also connect the StudioDock to their Mac or PC using the USB port to send MIDI back and forth for creative, new applications of the iPad and computer used in tandem.
- The world?s first pro audio dock for iPad
- Connect microphones and instruments including guitar, studio monitors, PA speakers, headphones, and MIDI controllers
- Universal device works with virtually every audio and MIDI app in the App Store; Core MIDI compliant
- Perform, craft, create and play back music in virtually any conceivable manner or location
- Video output for connection to TVs and projectors
- Inputs: two combo XLR-1/4″ for use with audio gear, instruments, and computer audio
- Input channel gain controls and switchable phantom power for use with condenser microphones
- Guitar-direct switch for use with amplifier- and effects-modeling app
- Outputs: pair 1/4″ and 1/4″ headphone with separate volume controls
- Control: MIDI In, MIDI Out, USB MIDI, and assignable 1/4-inch footswitch input
Pricing and availability are to be announced.