2011 NAMM Show: Akai Professional has introduced the SynthStation49, an advanced music controller for the iPad.
It’s designed to work seamlessly with Akai’s SynthStation software, offering direct in-app MIDI recording from its velocity-sensitive keyboard, nine MPC-style drum pads and array of transport controls.
In addition to its integration with the SynthStation app, though, SynthStation49 is also completely iOS CoreMIDI compatible, making it instantly compatible with dozens of music apps already in the App Store and hundreds more on the way.
SynthStation49 includes a stereo pair of professional ¼” TRS outputs with volume knob for easy connecting to other pro audio equipment and a headphone output. The SynthStation49’s USB port can be connected directly to a Mac or PC computer to receive power in addition to transmitting MIDI to and from music software – a way to turn the SynthStation App or other CoreMIDI compatible App into a sound module.
You also use SynthStation49 as a traditional USB MIDI controller with your computer – no iPad required.
- Nine velocity-sensitive MPC-style drum pads which light when triggered.
- Dedicated transport control buttons including Play, Pause and Record.
- Play MIDI keyboard and drum pad performances into an iPad via CoreMIDI or AkaiConnect apps.
- Built-in, adjustable dock charges your iPad while positioning the screen at the perfect angle.
- USB port for connecting to a Mac or PC, receiving power and controlling MIDI music software.
- Professional ¼” stereo outputs with volume control to connect mixers, speakers and recording equipment.
- Headphone output to practice and compose in private.
- Portable, velocity-sensitive keyboard with pitch and modulation wheels.
- 49 velocity-sensitive
- RCA Stereo