Charles Roberts has released Control (App Store link) – a free app that lets you create your own interfaces for controlling musical, art and virtual reality applications.
It is built on top of Apple’s WebKit rendering engine and lets users define interfaces via JSON files.
- Outputs both Wireless MIDI and Open Sound Control (OSC)
- Reads Accelerometer, Gyro and Compass sensors (on applicable devices) with adjustable update rates
- Auto-discovery of wireless networks via Bonjour
- Interfaces can be pushed to the phone via OSC or downloaded from the web
- Supports both portrait and landscape interface orientations
- Interfaces work on both iPhones and iPads