This video, via retrosound, is a demo of the PPG Waveterm A + Wave 2.2 – a vintage wavetable synthesizer from 1982.
PPG Waveterm A and Wave 2.2 Wavetable Synthesizer from the year 1982.
The Waveterm is the heart of the legendary PPG system and based on an old german computer called Eltec Eurocom II with Motorola 6809 processor.
– creation of Waves and Wavetables
– fourier analysis / resonator
– additive synthesis
– 8 bit Sampling for the WAVE 2.2
– sequencer / event generator
– storage of sounds on 8″ disc
this first demo video shows only a few functions (creation of waves, wavetables) of the Waveterm A. more coming soon.