Free Music Software: Big Tick Audio has released an update to its free universal presets manager, Zen 1.5.
Zen 1.5 adds a “virtual banks” feature, to organize presets from different plugins. Preset changes can be automated by midi – perfect for live situations, where a program change will create the new plugin and load it with the desired preset.
New In Zen 1.5:
- Major code rewrite, separating Zen into a core library (ZenCore) and the Zen Browser itself
- Added midi-controlled “virtual bank” slots, where presets from different vstis can be stored
- Replaced tooltips with a contextual help box
- Added support for Zen-aware plugins, including assets management
- Added ‘hidden’ flag to permanently hide presets from search results
- Fixed various UI refresh issues
- Fixed crashes when duplicating instances in Ableton Live
- Fixed button for creating own tags on OSX
- Invalid designer keys are now rejected immediately
- Optimized dynamic memory allocations
- Changes for 64bits compatibility
Download at the Big Tick Audio site.