Synthetic Sound Labs has released the newest member of its line of Synthesizers.com (DOTCOM) compatible analog synthesizer modules, the Model 1250 Quad LFO.
This new single-width module contains four independent Low Frequency Oscillators (LFO) that can be switched between Sine and Square waveforms.
The frequency of each LFO is adjustable from less than approximately .01 Hz to over 40 Hz in two overlapping ranges. Range switching is performed by a lighted push button switch, which also serves as a visual indication of oscillation speed. Flatted toggle switches control the waveform, while fluted knobs allow firm, accurate grip permitting ample room for manual adjustment. Top quality ¼” Switchcraft enclosed output jacks permit smooth, effortless patching.
Synthetic Sound Labs has been in the analog synthesizer business since 1973. The 1250 is the third in SSL’s continuing line of new analog synthesizer modules.
Pricing is $225 US and availability is off-the-shelf.
1250 Specifications at a glance:
- Model 1250 Quad LFO
- Function Four Independent Low Frequency Oscillators (LFO)
- Frequency Adjust (approx) .01 Hz to 3 Hz, and 0.5 Hz to 40 Hz
- Frequency Ranges Two (overlapping) – Push button switchable
- Waveforms Sine and Square – Toggle switchable
- Panel Indicators LFO Rate – Red LED built into Range switch
- Outputs 10V P-P; +/-5V. 1K impedance. ¼” Phone jacks.
- Panel High quality 0.062” aluminum. Durable black Metalphoto finish with natural aluminum graphics.
- Power DOTCOM standard 6 pin Molex.
- +15vdc @ < 45ma, -15vdc < 45ma (all LEDs on)
- Size 8.75” H x 2.115” W x ~2.75” D
Currently available SSL Modules:
- Model 1020 Steiner Voltage Controlled Multi-Purpose Filter
- Model 1250 Quad Low Frequency Oscillator
- Model 1310 Voltage Controlled Digital Delay