iPad Music Software: MidiPads is a new configurable drumpad and Midi controller for Network MIDI and USB MIDI using the iPad.
MidiPads does not require any 3rd party software or proprietary hardware for its MIDI connection.
The above video offers an introduction to MidiPads and a demonstration of using MidiPads with Traktor Pro.
MidiPads is $5.99 in the App Store.
- Supports USB MIDI over iPad Camera Adapter
- Supports network MIDI over WiFi
- All elements customizable (color, label, Midi channel, CC/key, range…)
- Bottom part fully customizable with resizable touch pads and sliders
- Four pages with 16 touch sensitive drum pads each
- Several modes to influence velocity: Two-finger-tap, vertical pad position, rand ndom velocity, and min and max velocity always definable
- Touch pads and sliders support snapping and fading
- Use drum pads as tap or toggle buttons, either in key or CC mode
- Drum pads can act as X/Y controller and pad at the same time
- Sliders can act as VU meter and slider at the same time
- Drum pads can show incoming values (e.g. that a sample is on that pad)
- Gravity controller (use iPad’s rotation axis as controller)
- Lock mode hides all elements that would hinder your performance
- Supports all 16 midi channels (for each element separately!)
- Drum pads can blink on incoming midi sync and hence support you with the beat
- Extensive help covering connection, editing the user interface and troubleshooting (tap i-symbol)
- iPad with iOS 4.2 installed (iOS 4.2 required for MIDI functionality)
- A Mac or a PC for Network MIDI -or-
- Any MIDI device with MIDI in (in case you use USB)