Soundhack’s Tom Erbe has released new versions of all of his plugins for Mac, in Audio Unit and VST forms.
Included are several free audio plugins:
- SoundHack Delay Trio – a group of three plugins derived from the same basic delay algorithm: a hermite interpolated delay line with variable modulation, and a feedback loop with dc blocking and saturation. Pitch shifting is achieved with a dual head crossfading delay (ala Eltro Tempophon/Dennis Gabor/Pierre Schaeffer phonogene) and is decidedly low-?. The saturating feedback also allows them to be great drone and noise generators.
- +chebyshev – a distortion unit which uses various low-order chebyshev polynomials to add even or odd harmonic distortion.
- +compand – a combined compressor/expander plugin. It has a softknee control as well as a switchable rms/peak level detector.
- +decimate – bit depth and sample rate reduction for added aliasing and decimation noise. a very noisy plugin.
- +matrix – a mid-side to left-right encoder and decoder. for mid-side microphone arrays, but also useful when needing to apply effects to only the center or the sides of a stereo mix.
- +phasescope – the standard studio tool for seeing the phase relation between your left and right channels. also includes a bit meter.
If you’ve given these free Mac audio plugins a try, leave a comment and share your thoughts on them.