VirSyn has released iVoxel, a vocoder app previously only available for iOS, for Macintosh.
iVoxel is a combination of a voice optimized synthesizer and a vocoder. The vocoder part is based on the Matrix vocoder from VirSyn, used by Kraftwerk. The channel filters used by iVoxel are based on the Sennheiser Vocoder VSM201 resulting in a rich and fat analogue sound characteristic.
Note that this is a standalone virtual instrument, not a plugin.
- Realtime analysis/resynthesis of your voice.
- 20 Channel vocoder.
- Voice spectrum recorder (voxels).
- Over 200 prerecorded voxels included.
- Play your vocoded voice live on keyboard. Drag for slides and vibrato. .
- CoreMIDI support allows use of external MIDI keyboard.
- Monophonic sequencer for notes & lyrics.
- Voice optimized polyphonic synthesizer.
- Time warping of voxels.
- Gender changer.
- Breath noise.
- 12dB Lowpass filter.
- Pitch vibrato with delay.
- Chorus/Delay effects.
- Export of audio recordings.
iVoxel is available in the Mac App Store for $23.99.