This video is a sneak preview of VSP-330 Voice Synth Plus – a virtual recreation of Vangelis’ ‘Blade Runner’ vocoder, the Roland VP-330 Vocoder Plus.
Here’s what the developer has to say about it:
A beta version sound test of my Voice Synth Plus VST plugin. It’s not going to replace the original Roland VP-330 strings and choirs, but it’s the next best thing and then some.
VST Plugin Features:
- Choir selectable Male 8′, Male 4′ and Female 4′ across all keys.
- Strings selectable 8′ AND 16′ Bass (the 16′ string was not on original)
- Built-in ensemble mod can be switched on/off for choir and strings.
- Envelope attack for each Choir and String. Env release is shared like on the original.
- Choir and String level controls.
- Up to 16-voice polyphony depending on your computer.
- Of course MIDI and patch save.
This is a beta version so the GUI is minimal. Better graphics will come w/ future versions.
The audio was recorded in Cubase on three tracks w/ no other processing added – ALL VSP-330! I added some pics of a real VP-330 to the video for fun.
Pricing and availability are TBA.