Here’s another sneak preview from Musikmesse 2011, which is coming up April 6th: a teaser for the Lunar Experience Moon Modular M568A and M568P, expansion modules for the M568 Quad Sequential Trigger Source., a Moog style über-sequencer.
The M568A module is an addition to the M568 Quad Sequential Trigger Source.
It expands the four trigger tracks of the 568?QSTS with a couple of useful functions:
- each track has its own reset-input jack
- each track has two independent trigger outputs, which can be assigned to any desired step position
Assigning/deleting these positions takes place at the 568 QSTS module in combination with the „Select A” and „Select B” buttons at the 568A module:
- Press and hold the select A/B button (set positionen on the 568?QSTS blink), press the desired position at the 568QSTS.
- If a 568P programmer module is attached to the 568 QSTS, the eight step-positions of the 568?A will be saved together with the sequences.
- each track has a 4-position rotary switch to select the 568 QSTS’s running direction
- Changing the direction (except random) doesn’t happen at once but after the next reset (end/start/turning back) of the respective track.
The M568P programmer module is an extension to the M568 Quad Sequential Trigger Source.
- Now 2 x 12 sequences/sequence-combinations can be saved to memory for later recall.
- The non-volatile memory consists of two memory banks with 12 memory slots each. They are selected by the toggle switch “Memory Bank” and the 12-position rotary switch “Sequence Memory”.
- Pushing the “Recall” button activates a saved sequence. The “visible” sequence is being hold in an edit-bufer, a sort of “zero”-memory position — so nothing will get lost when switching the module on and off. Only when a memory slot gets recalled the edit buffer is overwritten (therefore there is no automatic recall of the dialed memory position when the module is turned on).
- To save an adjusted or modified sequence, push the “Save”-button (Save-LED blinks), select the desired memory-position and push the “Save”-button again (Save-LED dies out, sequence is saved).
- To erase an adjusted or modified sequence, push the “Clear”-button (Clear-LED blinks), select the desired memory-position and push the „Clear” button again (Clear-LED dies out, sequence is erased).
- To duplicate an adjusted or modified sequence or to move it to another memory slot, push the “Copy”-button (Copy-LED blinks), select the desired source memory-position, push the “Save”-button (Save-LED blinks), select the desired destination memory-position and push the “Copy”-button again (LEDs die out). The sequence ist copied now.
- The buttons/jack combination under “Go to” in the lower part of the module the next and previous memory slots can be recalled — using the respective push-button or a trigger pulse.