Livid’s Cell DNA is a $149 app designed for audio and video interactive performance.
Here’s what they have to say about their Live DJ + VJ solution:
We’ve built a suite of Max for Live devices to go between Ableton Live and CellDNA video software that can expand your musical ideas into the visual realm.
CellDNA VJ software is incredibly easy to use, with a big grid of 64 clips (with 32 presets, that means over 2000 clips to play with!), dozens of OpenGL effects, live camera input, live video sampling, recording, and is even extensible with Max 5 patches.
With these devices you can totally control your visuals within Live, and let your music completely control the visuals.
Here’s a tutorial on using Ableton Live to VJ using Cell DNA:
By using Cell DNA and Livid’s free Max For Live devices, you can turn Ableton Live into an “automatic VJ”:
- Use your controller in Live to trigger video and effect
- Link audio clips to video clips
- Use MIDI clips to sequence videos
- Use audio from your tracks to play clips and control visual effects.
- Collaborate with your VJ over a network
- Control multiple computers for multiple screens.
Cell DNA’s Max for Live devices are free and can be downloaded from the downloads section of lividinstruments.com. A demo version of Cell DNA is also available for download.